|This symposium brings together lines of research that investigate the antecedents and consequences of deviant processes in order to shed light on people’s diverse reactions to deviance. We present research on deviant opinions, expectancy violations, artistic deviance, and rule-breaking behavior.|
University of Amsterdam. Netherlands.
Gerben A. van Kleef
University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
221/4501 Positive Deviance: How Authenticity Leads To Speaking Up
(1) Kouchaki, Maryam; (2) Brodsky, Andrew; (3) Gino, Francesca
(1) Northwestern University, Kellogg School of Management; (2) Harvard Business School; (3) Harvard Business School
221/4502 Disfluency as an indicator of deviance: Theoretical perspectives and an empirical study
(1) Reber, Rolf; (2) Olav Skaar, Øystein
(1) University of Oslo; (2) University of Oslo
221/4503 The art of influence: When and why deviant artists
(1) Stamkou, Eftychia; (2) van Kleef, Gerben A.; (3) Homan, Astrid C.
(1) University of Amsterdam; (2) University of Amsterdam; (3) University of Amsterdam
221/4504 Rebel with a Cause: Abide by Local Norms but Violate Global Norms to Gain Influence.
(1) Wanders, Florian; (2) Homan, Astrid C.; (3) Van Vianen, Annelies; (4) van Kleef, Gerben A.
(1) University of Amsterdam; (2) University of Amsterdam; (3) University of Amsterdam; (4) University of Amsterdam
(1) Jetten, Jolanda
(1) University of Queensland, Australia